Caring For Your Vinyl Flooring
Immediately following installation
During the first 48 hours after installation ReNew recommends that you:
- Keep foot traffic to a minimum.
- Wait 24 hours before putting furniture on the floor.
- Sweep the floor to remove loose dirt.
- Use only a non-abrasive cleaner, such as Shaw R2X Hard Surface cleaner.
- Do not use a vacuum with a rotating beater bar.
Following these instructions will ensure proper curing of the product.
Follow a simple maintenance plan
The type and frequency of foot traffic on your new vinyl floor will determine the frequency of maintenance needed. Regular attention to a simple maintenance program should include:
- Remove dirt and grit by sweeping or dust mopping daily.
- Wipe up spills as quickly as possible.
- Use protective pads for furniture and appliances to prevent scratching.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
Use protective mats
It is important to use a good quality entry mat to trap dirt, sand, grit and other substances such as oil that would otherwise be tracked onto your floor. These mats will also help protect your vinyl flooring from premature wear. Mats are also suggested at heavy pivot locations, such as in front of your kitchen sink or stove. If mats are placed directly on top of the vinyl floors, use mats without latex or rubber backings to avoid possible discoloration.
Care for Stains, Spills, Scuffs and other Substances
There will be times when it is necessary to use more aggressive cleaning methods on your vinyl floor. Substances such as acids, blood, dyes, paints, solvents and other contaminants will require special treatment.
Use Chair and Appliance Pads to protect your vinyl Floor
Make sure furniture legs have large surface, non-staining floor protectors. Replace small, narrow metal or dome-shaped glides with smooth, flat guides that are in full contact with the floor.
Heavy furniture or appliances that are not moved often should be equipped with flat, non-staining composition furniture casters or cups of appropriate size.
Keeping your new vinyl floors looking great is simple as long as you follow these simple tips.